The Digital Media Disruption Dominates in a Crushing Entertainment and Media Covid Crisis. KOP talks about the resilience of digital has accelerated the demise of traditional media.
- Entertainment and media industry revenues to slump 6.7% in 2020 https://www.thedrum.com/news/2020/09/09/entertainment-and-media-industry-revenues-slump-67-2020
- Why social media has changed the world — and how to fix it? MIT Professor Sinan Aral’s new book, “The Hype Machine,” explores the perils and promise of social media in a time of discord.
- dio listener profiles: an infinite dial report
- Hollywood making a comeback: Studios, guilds, unions reach COVID return-to-work agreement https://abc7.com/business/tv-movie-production-finally-revving-up-again-after-covid-stoppage/6505869/
- Hollywood Labor Unions & Management Finalize Return-To-Work Agreement https://deadline.com/2020/09/hollywood-return-to-work-deal-labor-unions-producers-management-1234573357/
- Movie industry dealt devastating blow as ‘Black Widow,’ Marvel slate postponed https://cnb.cx/33O0kJa
- A third of musicians surveyed may leave the music industry due to pandemic struggles https://uproxx.it/bq4es2h
- Joe Rogan Is Already a Headache for Spotify
- Joe Rogan Fans Angry Over Spotify Partnership, Rest of the Internet Laughs
Support the Broadcasters Podcast by:
Supporting KOP’s sponsors at King of Amazon (it’s really Amazon) http://www.kingofamazon.com
Contact KOP for professional podcast production, imaging, and web design services at http://www.kingofpodcasts.com/production
Follow KOP on Twitter or Facebook @kingofpodcasts
Listen to KOP’s other programs, When I’m Not Podcasting… and the Wrestling is Real Wrestling Podcast.