Apple takes another crack at online radio, while NPR notices podcasts do better for them than radio does. Plus, sex (WAP) and solitude (Folklore) soar in mainstream music under quarantine.
- Why Apple Music Still Cares About Radio https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/beats-apple-music-radio-announcement-1045912/
- Apple announces Apple Music radio https://nr.apple.com/dE7W9d3G7L
- Radio listening has plummeted. NPR is reaching a bigger audience than ever. What gives? https://nie.mn/317QHVB
- Justice Department’s Antitrust Chief Reorganizes With New Focus On Telecom, Media And Entertainment https://deadline.com/2020/08/justice-department-antitrust-media-and-entertainment-1203019290/
- Facebook now allows creators to earn money from online events https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/facebook-now-allows-creators-to-earn-money-from-online-events/
- Op/ED says Sexism in the Music Industry is Making a Mess
- Three Music-Industry Trends From Quarantine That Are Here to Stay https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/features/pandemic-music-industry-trends-cardi-b-taylor-swift-1045276/
Plus KOP concludes his conversation with photographer, video producer
and YouTube video blogger Jim Costa. Jim recently released a new video blog on your youtube channel, jimcostafilms. A new series on lighting for videography, filmmaking and photography.
Support the Broadcasters Podcast by:
Donating via Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dai, Ethereum, Litecoin or USD
by going to https://commerce.coinbase.com/charges/RKXRRTBR
Supporting KOP’s sponsors at King of Amazon (it’s really Amazon) http://www.kingofamazon.com
Contact KOP for professional podcast production, imaging, and web design services at http://www.kingofpodcasts.com/production
Follow KOP on Twitter or Facebook @kingofpodcasts
Listen to KOP’s other programs, When I’m Not Podcasting… and the Wrestling is Real Wrestling Podcast.