KOP talks about a future of journalism without a scintilla of objectivity. Plus, on the 50th anniversary of American Top 40, we look at the revising of radio history.
- What comes after we get rid of objectivity in journalism? https://www.cjr.org/the_media_today/what-comes-after-we-get-rid-of-objectivity-in-journalism.php
- Media Leaders Weigh In on Where the Industry Will Head After COVID-19
- On With the Countdown: Happy 50th Birthday to the ‘American Top 40’ Program https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/radio/9412479/american-top-40-celebrates-50th-anniversary
- Radio Is Quietly Scrubbing the Word ‘Urban,’ Sources Say – Rolling Stone https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/iheartradio-mediabase-urban-radio-changes-1023730/
- The Early ‘90s: Real Airplay Reduces The “Lost Factor” https://radioinsight.com/ross/189644/the-early-90s-real-airplay-reduces-the-lost-factor/
- SAG-AFTRA Factions Weigh In On Pros & Cons Of Proposed New Film & TV Contract https://deadline.com/2020/07/sag-aftra-contract-factions-pros-cons-of-proposed-deal-1202976402/
- SAG-AFTRA Voting Begins on TV/Theatrical Deal in Test of Leadership https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sag-aftra-voting-begins-tv-theatrical-deal-test-leadership-1301588
KOP concludes his three-part interview with New England native, veteran radio host, #GetHighRapper and host of 2 Be Blunt w/Peezy podcast, Sal “Peezy” Pugliares. We discuss all of the cultural and corporate issues surrounding radio and podcasting today.
Support the Broadcasters Podcast by:
Sending a PayPal donation by going to https://www.paypal.me/kingofpodcasts
Supporting KOP’s sponsors at King of Amazon (it’s really Amazon) http://www.kingofamazon.com
Contact KOP for professional podcast production, imaging, and web design services at http://www.kingofpodcasts.com/production
Follow KOP on Twitter or Facebook @kingofpodcasts
Listen to KOP’s other programs, When I’m Not Podcasting… and the Wrestling is Real Wrestling Podcast.
Do you want to be a guest on the Broadcaster’s Podcast or know someone who would make a great guest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.