Headlines of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act and the media coverage in Minneapolis prompted KOP to look at the convergence of the media establishment and Silicon Valley, aka the Social Media Platform Press Complex.
- What to do when you’re overwhelmed by coronavirus media coverage
- Big Tech’s favorite law is under fire
- Media cuts weigh on industry morale
- The Fall, Rise, and Fall of Media Trust
- The Platform Press: how Silicon Valley reengineered journalism: A report on the influence of social media platforms and technology companies on American journalism highlights the clashes and trade-offs between growth, autonomy, and quality for the profession worldwide
- Social Media and social control: How Silicon Valley serves the U.S. State Department
- What Is Section 230—And Why Does Trump Want To Change It?
- Executive Order on Preventing Online Censorship
Image Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Support the Broadcasters Podcast by:
- Sending a PayPal donation by going to https://www.paypal.me/kingofpodcasts
- Supporting KOP’s sponsors at King of Amazon (it’s really Amazon) http://www.kingofamazon.com
Contact KOP for professional podcast production, imaging, and web design services at http://www.kingofpodcasts.com/production
- Follow KOP on Twitter or Facebook @kingofpodcasts
- Listen to KOP’s other programs, When I’m Not Podcasting… and the Wrestling is Real Wrestling Podcast.
- Do you want to be a guest on the Broadcaster’s Podcast or know someone who would make a great guest, please email email@example.com.