Democratic senators call for funding for local media in coronavirus stimulus, Funding Journalism, Finding Innovation: Success Stories and Ideas for Creative, Sustainable Partnerships. and In a Crisis, Radio Should Be Bigger Than Ever — So Why Isn’t It?
- WGA Offers To Start Contract Talks With AMPTP On May 11; Says It’s “Prepared To Agree” To Extend Current Pact To June 30.
- Hollywood’s Backstage Creatives Try to Soldier On.
- ‘The current situation is going to dramatically change the music business, as a huge accelerator of user behavior on the digital side.’
- Big Radio Consolidation Spotlights The Need to Update Songwriters’ Rights
- Netflix has biggest quarter with nearly 16 million new subscribers signing on.
- Coronavirus Fallout May Redefine the Types of Movies That Play in Theaters.
- Many of Fox Sports’ On-Air Talent Will Take Pay Cut.
Also, KOP speaks with Hall of Fame Broadcaster Dave Pratt aka The Morning Mayor.
Dave Pratt is a member of the Broadcaster’s Hall of Fame, Music and Entertainer’s Hall of Fame and the owner of Star Worldwide Networks, one of the fastest growing internet radio and TV Networks in the nation. Dave is also a Media Consultant for Tribune Media Group with over 40 television stations in America’s largest markets plus WGN radio in Chicago.