KOP talks about the media establishment and the overall state of journalism from the local to the national level with award-winning broadcast journalist Kristen L. Pope.
Kristen L. Pope is an award-winning broadcast journalist. Pope has worked as a general assignment reporter for Emmy Award Winning station News 12 Westchester serving Westchester County just outside of New York City since 2014. At the same time, she has been running her own boutique production company, “Pope Productions.”
The demise of local newspapers — which are still by far the main source of original reporting in their communities — is also linked to a rise in local corruption and an increase in polarization, as news consumers rely more on partisan-inflected national outlets for their information. Does this just prove how deregulation and corporate culture are just bad news for journalists and the public as a whole?Harvard Business Review 03/12/20
- Cinemark Credit Rating Downgraded Over Extended Cinema Closures
- Nile Rodgers on his production, his philosophy – and why he believes you should ’embrace failure’.
- ‘Birds of Prey’ Drops Price After Two Weeks on VOD as Studios Rewrite Rules.
- Box Office’s Best Case Scenario? Down 40 Percent.
- AMPTP Wants To Start Contract Talks With WGA This Month.
- Video Streaming to TVs Soared 85% in U.S. in First Three Weeks of March, Nielsen Says.
- A Puzzle Without All the Pieces: Broadcast Networks Scramble to Program an Uncertain Future.
- Vista, ScreenPlus Team on Software for Cinemas’ Own Streaming Services.
Support the Broadcasters Podcast by:
- Sending a PayPal donation by going to https://www.paypal.me/kingofpodcasts
- Supporting KOP’s sponsors at King of Amazon (it’s really Amazon) http://www.kingofamazon.com
Contact KOP for professional podcast production, imaging, and web design services at http://www.kingofpodcasts.com/production
- Follow KOP on Twitter or Facebook @kingofpodcasts
- Listen to KOP’s other programs, When I’m Not Podcasting… and the Wrestling is Real Wrestling Podcast.
- Do you want to be a guest on the Broadcaster’s Podcast or know someone who would make a great guest, please email email@example.com.