Deadline.com reports “President Donald Trump’s proposed new budget again calls for… slashing funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, which provides funding to PBS and NPR. “
KOP breaks down the history of public broadcasting. He also weighs the value of replacing the CPB model and giving the public airwaves back to the people. We also debate why the Public Broadcasting Act needs an update to save local public media journalism
Plus Broadcasting and Cable reports on possible cuts to international media:
The Trump Administration is proposing to significantly cut funding to the U.S. Agency for Global Media, which oversees U.S. international broadcasting (Voice of America, Radio Free Europe, Radio Free Asia).
USAGM got $810 million in 2020, but the Trump Administration wants to cut that to $637 million in 2021.
Also, Kid Kelly Opens Up: Former SiriusXM Pop Guru on Why He Lost His Job and the ‘Very Bad’ State of Radio.
Programming note: Part 2 of my interview with Joshua Otten, CEO at Ronin Content Services and the Co-Founder of Content & Original Productions at PRØHBTD will conclude on next week’s episode.
Support the Broadcasters Podcast by:
- Sending a PayPal donation by going to https://www.paypal.me/kingofpodcasts
- Supporting KOP’s sponsors at King of Amazon (it’s really Amazon) http://www.kingofamazon.com
Contact KOP for professional podcast production, imaging, and web design services at http://www.kingofpodcasts.com/production
- Follow KOP on Twitter or Facebook @kingofpodcasts
- Listen to KOP’s other programs, When I’m Not Podcasting… and the Wrestling is Real Wrestling Podcast.
- Do you want to be a guest on the Broadcasters Podcast or know someone who would make a great guest, please email email@example.com.