Rolling Stone reports iHeartMedia, the largest radio company in America cut a number of employees this week, dealing a blow to local radio across the country.
The largest radio conglomerate in the country, iHeartMedia, initiated a round of mass layoffs this week, cutting enough people that one former on-air host described Tuesday as “one of the worst days in on-air radio history.” The layoffs were concentrated in small and medium markets, where staffs had already been reduced, striking another major blow to local radio.‘The Culling Has Begun’: Inside the iHeartMedia Layoffs-January 15,2020
KOP chronicles the ongoing onslaught of layoffs that hurts takes down talented radio pros and betrays the public.
- Netflix Content Spending to Top $17 Billion in 2020
- The Two Biggest Pop Radio Stations Barely Played ‘Old Town Road’
- Here’s how Netflix’s $15 billion bet on original content paid off at the Oscars.
Support the Broadcasters Podcast by:
- Sending a PayPal donation by going to https://www.paypal.me/kingofpodcasts
- Supporting KOP’s sponsors at King of Amazon (it’s really Amazon) http://www.kingofamazon.com
Contact KOP for professional podcast production, imaging, and web design services at http://www.kingofpodcasts.com/production
- Follow KOP on Twitter or Facebook @kingofpodcasts
- Listen to KOP’s other programs, When I’m Not Podcasting… and the Wrestling is Real Wrestling Podcast.
- Do you want to be a guest on the Broadcaster’s Podcast or know someone who would make a great guest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.