Deadline reports as WGA’s current film and TV contract is set to expire, and AMPTP only five months away, the TV studios are starting to prepare for a potential strike.
Plus, DOJ looks to end Paramount Consent Decrees. Indiewire reports that ” Maybe that means small theaters will find it impossible to get big movies, and small distributors will lose access to big chains. Maybe studios will try to push their weight and force chains to accept movies with a 60-day theatrical window. Maybe studios will be so aggressive and greedy that it inspires a flurry of lawsuits. “
Plus, KOP concludes his conversation with Michelle Danner, a legendary acting teacher and co-founder of the Edgemar Center for the Arts and the Los Angeles Acting Conservatory
Danner’s also now well-established as a successful feature film director. Her latest completed film, “Bad Impulse,” is a psychological thriller about family secrets and modern technology, starring Sonya Walger (Lost), Grant Bowler (Syfy’s Defiance), and Paul Sorvino.
Support the Broadcasters Podcast by:
- Sending a PayPal donation by going to https://www.paypal.me/kingofpodcasts
- Supporting KOP’s sponsors at King of Amazon (it’s really Amazon) http://www.kingofamazon.com , and Nord VPN http://www.kingofpodcasts.com/vpn
Contact KOP for professional podcast production, imaging, and web design services at http://www.kingofpodcasts.com/production
- Follow KOP on Twitter or Facebook @kingofpodcasts
- Listen to KOP’s other programs, When I’m Not Podcasting… and the Wrestling is Real Wrestling Podcast.
- Do you want to be a guest on the Broadcaster’s Podcast or know someone who would make a great guest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.