New legislation introduced in both houses of Congress introduces the AM-FM Act to Get Artists & Labels Paid for Radio Play
The Ask Musicians for Music Act (AM-FM) would require radio stations to get consent from recording artists to play their music. The legislation was introduced in the Senate by Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) and in the House by Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), who called the current copyright system for radio “patchwork” and said the act would require all radio services to pay a fair market value for the music they use.
Billboard explains “This bill follows the Fair Play Fair Pay Act, which Blackburn and Nadler introduced in 2015 and 2017 to achieve the same goal.” KOP breaks down the backstory.
Plus, KOP speaks with Michelle Danner, a legendary acting teacher and co-founder of the Edgemar Center for the Arts and the Los Angeles Acting Conservatory
Danner’s also now well-established as a successful feature film director. Her latest completed film, “Bad Impulse,” is a psychological thriller about family secrets and modern technology, starring Sonya Walger (Lost), Grant Bowler (Syfy’s Defiance), and Paul Sorvino.
Support the Broadcasters Podcast by:
- Sending a PayPal donation by going to https://www.paypal.me/kingofpodcasts
- Supporting KOP’s sponsors at King of Amazon (it’s really Amazon) http://www.kingofamazon.com , and Nord VPN http://www.kingofpodcasts.com/vpn
Contact KOP for professional podcast production, imaging, and web design services at http://www.kingofpodcasts.com/production
- Follow KOP on Twitter or Facebook @kingofpodcasts
- Listen to KOP’s other programs, When I’m Not Podcasting… and the Wrestling is Real Wrestling Podcast.
- Do you want to be a guest on the Broadcaster’s Podcast or know someone who would make a great guest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.